Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Youth (Baker must be 17 years of age or under)
Prizes for each category are:
- Grand Prize is $100 plus Grand Prize Ribbon (and Bragging Rights).
- First Place is $25 plus First Place Ribbon
- Second Place is Second Place Ribbon
- Third Place is Third Place Ribbon
Bring your pie to the contest site, at the Pie Town Fire Station, NO EARLIER than 9 AM and NO LATER than 10:30 AM on Pie Festival Day, September 8, 2018.
Please park first and then come over to enter your pie. A special parking spot will be reserved near the station for pie drop-off. This is limited time parking and will be monitored. The Pi-K run is being held at the same time as pie registration and safety for the runners is our first priority. For this reason, some roads will be closed during the run, so you must plan accordingly. A map showing these road closures will be published before the Festival. Please obey all instructions from the Pie Festival staff.
IMPORTANT: We cannot accept ANY pie that has in the FILLING any dairy (butter, cream, milk, milk substitutes, eggs or meat). These pies would require refrigeration to observe Heath Code Laws. This means no sweet potato, pumpkin, soy, coconut milk, meringue, almond milk or chili peppers. Please note that dairy (eggs, butter, etc.) is allowed in the crust by the Health Code Laws due to how the dairy changes when baked into the crust.
The Pie Baking Contest Coordinator has the final say on the acceptability of any pie.
ALL entrants must fill out a registration form (found on PieFestival.org) either on site or by mail.
By entering your pie, you acknowledging the entered pie becomes the property of the Pie Festival and that you WILL NOT get your pie or pie pan back.
You also agree to give permission to have your photo and your pie’s photo taken during announcement ceremony.
NOTE: A copy of your pie recipe would be appreciated and may be used in future editions of the Pie Town Pie Cookbook.
All entrants receive a “PIE BAKER” ribbon to wear proudly during Pie Festival.
- Judges must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Judging will start about 11:00 AM, but the exact time will be determined on Pie Festival day.
- There is a minimum of three judges per category.
- Pies are judged on Overall Appearance, Crust, and Taste.
- Each judge assigns a numerical value from 1 to 10 in each criteria category, without consultation with each other.
- The pie receiving highest total numerical value is the winner in that category. In case of tie, judges will judge those pies again.
- Each First Prize winning pie will be judged again, and judges will decide which pie from these is the Grand Prize Pie.
- In the category of the Grand Prize winning pie, the Second Place will become the First, Third Place becomes Second Place, and Fourth Place becomes Third Place.
Awards & Disposition of Pies
- Awards will be given after all judging is complete.
- Winning pies may be auctioned as a fund raiser for Pie Town.
- All other pies entered will be sold at the contest site or in concession stand.